Coronavirus Policy For
NetPT-Integrated Exercise & Massage Therapy Draycott In The Clay – 07814 886695 – www.netpt.co.uk
This policy outlines some of the key measures I have taken to reduce the risk of spreading coronavirus (COVID-19). Please note the content may be subject to change and any new updates will be highlighted in yellow.
Adhering to guidelines
Throughout the pandemic, I will be following guidelines issued by the government, NHS, other relevant authorities and my professional association, the Federation of Holistic Therapists, regarding safe and hygienic practice and the use of any personal protective equipment (PPE).
COVID-19 Risk Assessment
I have carried out a full risk assessment, in line with guidance from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), to:
- Identify what work activity or situations might cause transmission of the virus.
- Think about who could be at risk.
- Decide how likely it is that someone could be exposed; and to
- Act to remove the activity or situation, or if this is not possible, control the risk.
Update: 19th July 2021
The Government have announced the ease of restrictions for COVID-19. Advice from the FHT and The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), is to continue with my safety guidelines:
I have had my first COVID-19 AstraZeneca Vaccination in March 2021 and 2nd dose in July 2021.
The following will still apply:
- Online assessment and documented detailed forms to reduce ‘client’ risk and contact time.
- Revised Risk Assessment: Continued safety protocol and PPE, following current guidelines to reduce virus exposure.
- Sanitiser offered upon arrival and on departure.
- Improved Health screening with client temperature check upon arrival.
- NHS Test & Trace Service installed with visual signs.
- Ventilation – Windows will remain open and additional fans maybe used.
- Online or Contactless payment if possible.
Prior to seeing any of my clients, I will be:
- Monitoring my own health and deferring treatments if I have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19.
- Contacting my clients 24 hours in advance and deferring any treatments if: they have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19; are clinically extremely vulnerable and shielding; anyone in their household has COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19; they have been in close contact with someone who has symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days; they have been contacted by the NHS Test and Trace Service and told to self-isolate.
- Asking my clients to call and cancel and defer treatment on the morning of their appointment if they have a temperature or other symptoms of COVID-19.
Enhanced cleaning and hygiene measures
I have introduced enhanced cleaning and hygiene measures between clients, which includes washing and disinfecting any non-porous surfaces and therapy equipment, such as chairs and couches, and replacing any porous or single-use items, such as towels and couch roll. Strict personal hygiene measures will also be adhered to, including regular handwashing/ sanitising. Increased ventilation by having windows open.
Adapting or restricting treatments
It may be necessary for me to adapt or restrict certain treatments, to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 and/or protect my clients’ health and safety. Any clients likely to be impacted will be advised as soon as possible.
Maintaining social distancing and face covering
Please note that while many treatments involve close contact, I will be observing social distancing measures wherever possible. This might include, for example, maintaining an appropriate distance during the consultation process, and when arriving and leaving for an appointment. It is mandatory for both me and a client to wear a mask or face covering upon arrival and during their treatment, unless otherwise instructed for health reasons.
If treatment is cancelled or deferred at short notice because my client has COVID-19 or has symptoms of COVID-19, any standard cancellation fees will be waivered. The client will be asked to kindly confirm in writing that their appointment has been cancelled or deferred because they have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19.
For more information…
I am happy to be contacted to discuss any aspect of your treatment during this time. Please contact me at: